XAT or Xavier Aptitude Test is a national level MBA entrance exam conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur for the admission to postgraduate management program at over 150 B-schools across India. It is a computer-based test consisting of both objective and subjective type questions held on the first Sunday of January every year.
Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur will conduct Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) 2019 on Sunday, January 6, 2019 (10 AM- 1 PM), on behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI). The entrance exam would be conducted in online mode. The online registration for XAT 2019 is scheduled to begin from August 20, 2018.
Management aspirants who wish to study at XLRI and other institutes which accept XAT score for the admission process would be able to fill the application form online. Around 90,000 students appear for the exam every year. XAT score is accepted by around 150 B-schools across the country.
XAT is held every year for XLRI and XAT associate institutes. The exam is organized by XLRI for XAMI members. There are 11 prestigious management schools which are XAMI members. Apart from these institutes, XAT score is accepted by a score of other prestigious institutes.
XAT Registration 2019
The registration for XAT 2019 will be available online from August 20, and the last date of the application process is November 30, 2018. Candidates can register for the exam by filling the application form along with the application fee online.
XAT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
• Candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized institute or university.
• There is no percentage cutoff for applying to XAT but they should obtain a pass percentage in graduation.
• Final year Bachelor’s Degree students may also apply provided they fulfill the eligibility criteria during the time of admission.
• Age limit – There is no age limit to apply for XAT 2019.
• XAT Eligibility for NRI/Foreign candidates – NRI or foreign national candidates have to apply through GMAT scores. Candidates from Dubai or Nepal are exempted from applying through GMAT scores as XAT will be conducted in these two international cities.
XAT EXAM PATTERN
• Mode of Exam: Online
Exam Format: Objective and Subjective
Number of Sections: Four
• Application Fee- The application fee has been revised from Rs. 1650/- to Rs. 1700/- from this year onwards (XAT 2019)
• Payment Modes – Candidates need to pay the fee online through Credit Cards, Debit Cards (RuPay / Visa / Master Card / Maestro), and Internet Banking.
• Test Duration- XAT 2019 will be conducted in 3 hours duration. Until last year the exam duration was 3:35 hours.
• Test Centre- Agartala has been removed. Now the exam will be held across 46 cities in India.
• Exam Pattern- Xavier Aptitude Test 2019 will be a computer-based test (online) of 180 minutes duration. The exam comprises of four sections, namely VA & LR, DM, QA & DI, and GK. The official exam pattern for XAT 2019 has removed the essay writing from XAT 2019 exam pattern.
• Marking Scheme – Each question will carry 1 mark and for each wrong answer, 1/4th of the total marks allotted to a question will be deducted. There is negative marking of 0.05 marks also involved for unattempted questions as well, beyond 8.
XAT Admit Card 2019
The admit card of XAT 2019 will be available online for the candidates who successfully fill the application form along with the application fee. The admit card will be available from December 20, 2018. Candidates would be able to download the admit card using their XAT ID and password.