St. Xavier’s University begins its Xavier Business School from August 2018. “Xavier Business School” aims at forming “men and women for others” who are competent, committed, compassionate and service-oriented leaders. XBS offers a two-year full-time residential MBA programme, with specializations in Finance, Marketing, HRM and Systems & Operations.
Xavier Business School is a member of XAMI (Xavier Association of Management Institutes), which includes Jesuit Management Institutes like XLRI, XIMB, LIBA, and XISS. Being a Jesuit institute, inspired by the Ignatian charism, XBS aims to form global leaders for today and tomorrow to create a better world. To us, every student is indeed a burning candle that lights up other candles. The St Xavier’s University started MBA course of the first batch with 80 students. The residential MBA course is being offered in four streams.
He said industrialist Sanjiv Goenka, an alumnus of the St. Xavier’s College and School, has been associated with the project.
Sanjiv Goenka said, “It is very inspirational for me to come and interact with these youngsters on the first day.”
St Xavier’s University, Kolkata, is recognized and approved by UGC. The MBA Degree Programme (Xavier Business School – XBS) of St. Xavier’s University is approved by AICTE.
“From today we are offering the MBA course which will be for two years and today is the first day,” he said adding that the university has got the approval of the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) to run the course.
Vice-Chancellor Father Felix Raj also said the university was planning to start a law course in a couple of years.
Rev. Dr. J. Felix Raj, S.J., vice chancellor said,”The College is confident that it will succeed in meeting the aspiration of its students and of Indian society, in bringing international quality Higher Education to its beautiful heritage campus.
He thanked thank Fr. Sebasti Raj, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Prof Ashis Mitra, and our Registrar, Deans, administrative team, faculty, support staff and the first batch of our students for the successful and fruitful completion of one academic year. The journey has been pleasant and fruitful, for we walked together towards tomorrow with a deep faith in the Almighty and the firm hope in the spirit of Magis.”
The mission of St Xavier’s University:
• To set an international standard for Arts, Science, Commerce, Management and Education contemporary and relevant to the 21st Century
• To provide all students of St. Xavier’s University a unique and exceptional education that will be a transforming experience intellectually, culturally, socially and personally
• To excel in all areas of teaching-learning, research, outreach, and consultancy
• To contribute to the creation of knowledge and to search for the meaning of life
• To bridge the rural-urban divide, taking the benefits of education to the poor and the marginalized, aiming at their empowerment
• To ensure access to and equity in the higher education opportunity to all deserving and meritorious students with a preferential option for the poor and marginalized, irrespective of caste and creed.