Recently, CBSE has taken a step forward to guide people regarding fake commercial websites. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has warned the public against certain commercial websites which are using the board’s logo to mislead students. The CBSE has asked people to visit its official website for any query.
The goal of the Academic, Training, Innovation and Research unit of Central Board of Secondary Education is to achieve academic excellence by conceptualizing policies and their operational planning to ensure balanced academic activities in the schools affiliated to the Board. The CBSE envisions a robust, vibrant and holistic school education that will engender excellence in every sphere of human Endeavour.
The Board is committed to providing quality education to promote intellectual, social and cultural vivacity among its learners. It works towards evolving a learning process and environment, which empowers the future citizens to become global leaders in the emerging knowledge society.
The Board commits itself to provide a stress-free learning environment that will develop competent, confident and enterprising citizens who will promote harmony and peace.
One of the advisory by the board said, “It has come to notice of the board that various commercial websites have created CBSE look-alike pages with a logo of CBSE on social networking sites for registration of candidates. This is creating confusion among the public.”
He added, “The members of the public are, therefore, advised to visit CBSE official website for authentic and official information and prevent themselves from being cheated by the unscrupulous elements. Any information available or displayed other than the CBSE website must be got verified from the official website. CBSE never asks for any details directly from the students through e-mail, facebook, twitter, phone or any other source.”
Goals and objectives of CBSE:
• To define appropriate approaches of academic activities to provide stress-free, child-centered and holistic education to all children without compromising on quality
• To analyze and monitor the quality of academic activities by collecting the feedback from different stakeholders
To develop norms for implementation of various academic activities including quality issues; to control and coordinate the implementation of various academic and training programmes of the Board; to organize academic activities and to supervise other agencies involved in the process
• To adapt and innovate methods to achieve academic excellence in conformity with psychological, pedagogical and social principles.
• To encourage schools to document the progress of students in a teacher and student friendly way
• To propose plans to achieve quality benchmarks in school education consistent with the National goals
• To organize various capacity building and empowerment programmes to update the professional competency of teachers
• To prescribe conditions of examinations and conduct public examination at the end of Class X and XII. To grant qualifying certificates to successful candidates of the affiliated schools.
• To fulfill the educational requirements of those students whose parents were employed in transferable jobs.
To prescribe and update the course of instructions for examinations.
• To affiliate institutions for the purpose of examination and raise the academic standards of the country.