Know the list of Architecture entrance exams, courses, colleges, and eligibility. The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) measures the aptitude of the applicant for a specific field of study, i.e. Architecture. The test measures drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability that have been acquired over a long period of time, and that are related to specific field of study, i.e. Architecture.
National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is being conducted by the Council of Architecture at the national level for admission to 5-year B.Arch Degree Course at all recognized institutions across India. NATA scores are used by admissions authorities of different Government, Govt. Aided & Unaided schools/colleges of Architecture. The test measures drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability.
The entrance examination is conducted every year for admission to architecture course in various institutes in the country. It measures the applicant’s aptitude for architecture and focuses on their drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability. The scorecard from this test is valid for two years from the year of appearing.
A single window exam, NATA is used for admissions to the first year of 5 year BArch Degree Course at all recognized Institutions all over the country. NATA scores are used for admissions to different Government, Govt. Aided & unaided schools /colleges of Architecture, to provide a common measure for comparing the qualifications of applicants, for admission in addition to their scholastic performance in 10+2 or equivalent examination.
According to the Council of Architecture admission guidelines, a candidate applying to any school/college of architecture in India should have achieved 40% score in NATA, i.e. at least 80/200, for consideration of admission into first year BArch.
• The candidate should have passed in Class 12 from any recognized institution with mathematics as one of the subjects, or
• The candidate should have passed 10+3 Diploma in any stream from an institution recognized by the Central or State governments with mathematics as one of the subjects.
• The candidate should have passed an International Baccalaureate Diploma after 10 years of Schooling with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
NATA 2018: Exam pattern:
• Part A (120 marks) – Mathematics: 20 questions carrying 2 marks each. (20×2= 40 marks)
General Aptitude (MCQ) carrying 2 marks each (40×2= 80 marks).
• Part B (80 marks) -Drawings (40×2= 80 marks).
The first examination of JEE Main will be conducted from January 6 to 20, 2019 and the second examination from April 6 to 20, 2019.
A score of at least 75 percent in Class 12 board exams or a place among the top 20 percentiles of the Boards is required to be eligible for JEE Main or JEE Advanced. For candidates of the SC and ST categories, this has been lowered to 65 percent.
JEE Main 2019: Important dates:
• JEE Main I: Commences from January 6
• Online submission of application forms: September 1 to September 30, 2018
• Downloading of admit cards: December 17, 2018
• Dates of examination: January 6 to January 20, 2019 (8 different seatings and candidate can choose any one)
• Declaration of results: January 31, 2019
JEE Main II: Commences from April 6
• Online submission of application forms: February 8 to March 7, 2019
• Downloading of admit cards: March 18, 2019
• Dates of examination: April 6 to April 20, 2019 (8 different seatings and candidate can choose any one)
• Declaration of results: April 30, 2019.
COMEDK is the “Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka” – an autonomous institution consisting of senior academicians and reputed administrative officers who have been associated in the educational ecosystem. COMEDK has been serving 16 Medical, 24 Dental and around 190 Engineering Colleges.
Subsequent to the National Eligibility -cum- Entrance Test (NEET) being mandated as the only acceptable entrance exam for admission to Medical and Dental courses in the country, COMEDK continues the evaluation process for the members of KUPECA i.e around 190 Engineering colleges.
COMEDK UGET entrance exam is an online entrance test conducted all over the country for seats in different engineering, architecture institutes. The entrance test will be conducted in a fair mode to ensure merit-based admissions through a single common entrance test.
COMEDK UGET FOR UG ENGINEERING COURSES:
a) The qualifying examinations prescribed for admission for B.E. is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Government; the last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject.
b) The General Merit candidates should have passed with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% in respect of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State) in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and should have passed these subjects individually. Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio-Technology or Biology or Computer Science or Electronics as one of the optional subjects. However, changes, if any, in the eligibility criteria by the AICTE will be adopted.
c) An attempt in the COMEDK Entrance Test seeking admission to Engineering courses is considered adequate for figuring in the rank list.
d) Diploma candidates are not eligible to take the Entrance Test as there are no lateral entry admissions.
COMEDK UGET FOR UG ARCHITECTURE COURSES
a) The prescribed qualifying examination for admission to B. Arch course is second PUC or 10+2.
b) Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects along with other subjects or a 10+3 Diploma recognized by Central / State Government and having obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka).
c) The candidates should have qualified a recognized aptitude test in Architecture (NATA or equivalent) in 2018.
d) There shall be no Entrance Test for candidates seeking admission to B. Arch Course. e) Candidates seeking admission to B. Arch course shall submit a separate application form for counseling as per the notification on COMEDK website (will be made available before counseling)
COMEDK UGET Examinations pattern:
• Total: 180 questions
• Physics: 60 MCQ
• Chemistry: 60 MCQ
• Mathematics: 60 MCQ
• Commencement of online application: Third week of January 2019
• Last date to apply: Third week of April
• Exam date: Second week of May
• Result: First or second week of June.
JEE Advanced AAT:
AAT is Architecture Aptitude Test. JEE Advanced AAT is the entrance test for aspirants who want admission to the architecture programmes in IIT Roorkee and IIT Kharagpur.
It is conducted for candidates who want to pursue undergraduate architectural courses. JEE Advanced AAT consists of only one test paper which consists of three sections: Mathematics, Aptitude Test & Drawing Test. Total of 82 objective type questions will be asked which carries 390 marks.
Below is the eligibility criteria, you must satisfy to appear in the JEE Advanced AAT Exam:
• Qualify in both JEE Mains and JEE advanced.
• Have opted for appearing in the AAT exam during registration of JEE Advanced.
Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA), offered by the Union HRD ministry is a scheme offered to foreign nationals or non-resident Indians for admissions to architecture/ engineering/ management programmes in reputed institutions in India. The students got admissions on the basis of their Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT score).
The admissions to various UG and PG programmes of premier Institutes of India under the DASA scheme will be coordinated by Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad, India for the year 2018-19.
List of Architecture courses:
• Bachelor of Architecture (B Arch)
• Bachelor of Architecture in Architecture and Regional Planning (B.Arch. Architecture and Regional Planning)
• Bachelor of Architecture in Building and Construction Management (B.Arch. Building and Construction Management)
• Bachelor of Architecture in Interior Design (B.Arch. Interior Design)
• Bachelor of Architecture in Landscape Architecture (B.Arch. Landscape Architecture)
• Bachelor of Planning (B.Plan)
• Master of Architecture (M.Arch.)
• Master of Architecture in Architectural Conservation (M.Arch. Architectural Conservation)
• Master of Architecture in Advanced Design (M.Arch. Advanced Design)
• Master of Architecture (M.Arch. Architectural and Settlement Conservation)
• Master of Architecture in Building Construction and Management (M.Arch. Building Construction and Management)
• Master of Architecture in Computer Applications (M.Arch. Computer Applications)
• Master in Architecture and Construction Management (M.Arch. Construction Management)
• Master of Architecture in Industrial Design (M.Arch. Industrial Design)
• Master of Architecture in Interior Design (M.Arch Interior Design)
• Master of Architecture in Landscape Architecture (M.Arch. Landscape Architecture)
• Master of Architecture (M.Arch. Theory and Design)
• Master of Architecture in Urban Designing (M.Arch. Urban Designing)
• Master of Planning (Regional Planning)
• Master of Planning (Rural Planning and Management)
• Master of Planning (Transport Planning)
• Master of Planning (Urban and Regional Planning)
• Doctor of Philosophy in Architectural Conversation (Ph.D. Architectural Conservation)
• Doctor of Philosophy in Architecture (Ph.D. Architecture)
• Doctor of Philosophy in Building Engineering and Management (Ph.D. Building Engineering and Management)
• Doctor of Philosophy in Housing (Ph.D. Housing)
• Doctor of Philosophy in Industrial Design (Ph.D. Industrial Design)
• Doctor of Philosophy in Landscape Architecture (Ph.D. Landscape Architecture)
Institutes to offer Architecture courses
• – The institute has ranked third in the Indian Ranking 2018 under the architecture courses category. School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi has recently set up its new campus at Vasant Kunj with its one existing campus at ITO in Indraprastha Estate, New Delhi. SPA, New Delhi earn the status of ‘National Importance’ under an act of parliament in 2015.
• – As per the NIRF ranking 2018, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur (IIT Kharagpur) clinched the first position. The institute was ranked 60th in Asia and (501 to 600) in the world, as per Times Higher Education ranking. QS Global World ranking positioned it at 295 in the world. Among all the courses offered by the institute, architecture is one of the sorted course because of its practical learning approach.
• – Established in 1857, Sir Jamsedjee Jeejeebhoy School of Art is the first Architecture college in Asia. Meanwhile, the first architecture classes were started in 1900 under the guidance of John Begg, first consulting Architect to the Government of Bombay. The institute has earned a reputation for its various architectural works in the country and world, one of it is Victoria Terminus Building, Bombay. The college has produced eminent writers, craftsmen, one of them is scholar Arundhati Roy.
• – Affiliated to the Panjab University, the institute was started in 1961. The institute is well reputed for its architectural courses and has produced eminent writers, craftsmen, politicians among others. Baburam Bhattarai, the 35th Prime Minister of Nepal is an alumnus of this institute.
• , this university has secured its position in the 601 to 800 rank band in the recent Times World University ranking along with IIT Kharagpur and IIT Kanpur. The varsity’s 50-year-old Architecture department is well reputed for its specialized course in Architectural Design Theory, Architectural Acoustics, and Landscape Architecture. The students with a degree get top-notch jobs in various companies all over the world.
• , one of the top-notch central university in India which only offers a full-fledged course in Architecture. The architecture department offers two-degree courses in A, chitecture, five master’s courses and PhD programmes.