DRDO was formed in 1958 from the amalgamation of the then already functioning Technical Development Establishment (TDEs) of the Indian Army and the Directorate of Technical Development & Production (DTDP) with the Defence Science Organisation (DSO).
DRDO was then a small organization with 10 establishments or laboratories. Over the years, it has grown multi-directionally in terms of the variety of subject disciplines, number of laboratories, achievements, and stature.
Today, DRDO is a network of more than 50 laboratories which are deeply engaged in developing defence technologies covering various disciplines, like aeronautics, armaments, electronics, combat vehicles, engineering systems, instrumentation, missiles, advanced computing and simulation, special materials, naval systems, life sciences, training, information systems and agriculture.
Presently, the Organisation is backed by over 5000 scientists and about 25,000 other scientific, technical and supporting personnel. Several major projects for the development of missiles, armaments, light combat aircraft, radars, electronic warfare systems etc are on hand and significant achievements have already been made in several such technologies.
DRDO is working in various areas of military technology which include aeronautics, armaments, combat vehicles, electronics, instrumentation engineering systems, missiles, materials, naval systems, advanced computing, simulation, and life sciences.
DRDO while striving to meet the Cutting edge weapons technology requirements provides ample spinoff benefits to the society at large thereby contributing to the nation building.
The Integrated Test Range (ITR) Chandipur, Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) has released a notification to invite the applications for the posts of Graduate Apprentice and Technician Apprentice. Candidates with B.E. and B.Tech qualifications are eligible for the graduate apprentice posts, those with Diploma qualification are eligible for Technician apprentice post.
Applicants must have registered at mhrdnats.gov.in before applying for the job. Candidates will be selected on the basis of written exam and interview which will be held on December 1, 2018, and December 8, 2018. Interested candidates shall have to submit their application to email@example.com.
The last date to apply for a graduate apprentice is November 26, 2018, and it is December 3, 2018, for technician apprentice. ‘The Selected candidates must execute a Contract for a period of 12 months of training as per provisions of the Apprentices Act, 1961 and rules framed there under,’ reads the official notification.
On the other hand, DRDO CEPTAM is yet to announce the exam date for Senior Technical Assistant (STA) post. DRDO is recruiting for 494 vacancies under Defence Research & Development Organisation Technical Cadre (DRTC). DRDO will conduct entry test in two tiers both of which will be computer based.
The test will be objective type and will be in Hindi or English. While tier 1 exam will be for screening purpose, the marks of tier 2 exam will be calculated for provisional selection.
• Graduate apprentice posts: Candidates should possess a degree of BE or BTech.
• Technician apprentice post: Candidates should possess a diploma in the relevant course.
Note: Applicants must have registered at mhrdnats.gov.in before applying for the job.
• Candidates will be selected on the basis of written exam and interview which will be held on December 1, 2018, and December 8, 2018.
• Last date to apply for a graduate apprentice: November 26, 2018
• Last date to apply for technician apprentice: December 3, 2018
Terms and Conditions
1. Candidates must have registered their names at Non-registered candidates are likely to be rejected.
2. The fresh pass out candidates (only up to 3 years after passing their B.Tech/ Diploma degree & those who are appearing for their final semester exam) can apply.
3. B.Tech / Diploma degree holders who had training or job experience for a period of one year or more after attaining the essential qualifications shall NOT be eligible for being engaged as an apprentice under the act.
4. The period of training will be 12 months commencing from the execution of the Contract of Apprenticeship.
5. Selected candidates shall undergo Medical Examination and will have to be declared ‘Medically Fit’ before the execution of the Contract of Apprenticeship.
6. Verification of credentials shall be done prior to conduct Of Personal Interview only and in case of any deviation from or non-conformity with the desired qualification, candidature of the candidate shall be summarily rejected.
7. No TA / DA will be paid to the applicants called for any stage of the selection process.
8. The Selected candidates must execute a Contract for a period of 12 months of training as per provisions of the Apprentices Act, 1961 and rules framed thereunder.
9. Before coming for Interview the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria and other norms mentioned in the advertisement.