Bachelor Of Education (B.Ed) Programme-IGNOU 2019 admission. IGNOU’s B.Ed programme is a judicious mix of theoretical and practical courses to develop in a practicing teacher appropriate knowledge, skills, understanding, and attitudes.
The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) programme of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has been designed with the aim to develop an understanding of the teaching-learning process at the secondary and senior-secondary level among student-teachers.
It focuses on enabling student-teachers to reflect critically on perspectives of education and integrate holistically the theory and practices to facilitate active engagement of learners for knowledge creation.
Indira Gandhi National Open University or IGNOU has announced the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) programme for the January 2019 session. The applicants can submit the forms through online mode only at https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/admission/
The B.Ed. Programme offered by IGNOU is an innovative programme utilizing self-instructional materials and information technology along with interactive personal contact programmes. IGNOU’s B.Ed programme will be of two years and will be taught in English and Hindi.
The forms will only be accepted through the online mode. The B.Ed. Programme of IGNOU is recognized by the NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education).
IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2019: Bachelor of Education (BEd)
Minimum Duration: 2 Years
Maximum Duration: 5 Years
Course Fee: Rs. 50,000
Minimum Age: No bar
Maximum Age: No bar
Candidates with: at least fifty percent marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanity. Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto,
• Trained in-service teachers in elementary education.
• Candidates who have completed an NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode.
The reservation and relaxation of 5% marks in minimum eligibility will be provided to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/PWD candidates as per the rules of the Central Government.
Reservation to Kashmiri Migrants and war widow candidates will be provided as per the University Rules.
The Entrance Test will be held on the date mentioned in the advertisement. Hall tickets will be uploaded on the IGNOU website: www.ignou.ac.in for appearing in the Entrance Test.
Mere allowing candidates to take Entrance Test would not amount to acceptance of their eligibility for admission to B.Ed. The final admission to the programme shall be subject to their rank in the merit list in the Entrance Test and production of proof of their eligibility at the time of the last date of submission of the application for admission to B.Ed. programme along with original certificates and programme fee.
The number of seats of each PSC is limited to 50 only. The university reserves the right to conduct the examination at different centers/change the examination center of the candidates without assigning any reason thereof.
The B.Ed. programme focuses on:
– developing an understanding of context of education in contemporary Indian Society
– appreciating the role of context and socio-political realities about learners in facilitating learning inclusive settings
– creating sensitivity about language diversity in the classroom and its role in the teaching-learning process
– developing an understanding of paradigm shift in conceptualizing disciplinary knowledge in school curriculum
– identifying, challenging and overcoming gender inequalities in school, classroom, curricula, textbook, social institutions, etc.
– enabling student-teachers to acquire necessary competencies for organizing learning experiences
– developing competencies among student-teachers to select and use appropriate assessment strategies for facilitating learning
– engaging student-teachers with self, child, community and school to establish close connections between different curricular areas
– enabling student-teachers to integrate and apply ICT in facilitating teaching-learning process and in school management
– systematizing experiences and strengthening the professional competencies of student teachers, and
– providing first-hand experience of all the school activities through engaging student-teachers as interns in secondary/senior secondary schools.